Saturday, July 19, 2008

COLDPLAY STEALS, WILL STEAL AGAIN

Or, "Songs He Didn't Write."

Chris Martin, that is. Here's a little video of New York band Creaky Boards, and their song, "Songs I Didn't Write," and how it sounds strikingly similar to the new Coldplay song "Viva la Vida" (featured in the Ipod commercial). The clip shows Creaky Boards playing the song last year at the CMJ music festival, well before Coldplay released their song. Apparently, Chris Martin was in the audience that night. Holding a little tape recorder.

Now, according to the blog of everyone's sweatheart, Courtney Love, the first time she met Chris Martin she flipped out while he was playing "Clocks" on the piano at the Chateau Marmont in LA:

Chris was playing the song CLoCkS on the piano, I was so out of my mind, I thought it was my song, my piano riff, I was pissed! I thought he was playing my song,
Then, after hemming and hawing over whether to visit her dearest bestest galpal Gwyneth in London-- apparently Gwyn sparkles like a glow-in-the-dark dildo and it makes Cuntrey jealous like a kookoo banana-- she makes the trip and is greeting like an American Princess chez PalMart. Chris is just dying to play her a song:

(Chris) says I have the song I have the song hes sayswhat songs I say? That song CLOCKS YOU STOLE FROM ME? he laughs in that laconic way, it's very lovely laugh, he's the point to the whole damn story..
So, back in LA, was Cuntrey being Cherry Koo Koo, the bad girl of the 3000 faces of Cuntrey, and now, in London, basking in the amazing, eternal, ethereal, xanadu-ish, honey-like, laser-like glow of Gwyneth and her leg-clinging brood that grapple her gams so precipitously they're basically begging for Courtney to spill coffee on their heads (mmmm, coffee and apple), and so disarmed by Chris Martin and his laconic, lovely laugh-- that she's back to being that simple, honest, forgiving, carefree, funloving, lipsmacking gal we all know as "Just Courtney"? Stay that way for a while, baby, at least until Apple and Moses are old enough-- Moses will want to remember the sight of Auntie Cuntrey flailing, drunk and naked, down the hallowed halls of Chez PalMart.

1 comment:

PeepHole said...

that just makes meCRAZY....BASTARDS!!!!