Wednesday, June 18, 2008

ANGELINA JOLIE-MESSAGE

Isn't she pretty?

But more than that, can she get off my back?

I know about the refugee crisis. I'm not sure what Refugee Day accomplishes, but I do know the people who can swoop in and save people and make a difference are people like her. So what does she want from me?

You have to be rich to get anything done. You need to be rich to be green, even.

Just get off my back and stop making me feel guilty. At least wait 'til I've bought groceries, then maybe we can talk. Strange how the press holds back images but Angelina and George and Leonardo and Oprah can get the news out.

In the face of disaster, I don't want to hear how I can donate. Government and Celebrity, Go, go do the work of the heroic, and after everyone's happy, when there's no more war, no more displacement, no more fear and hunger, then you can tell me about it.

No comments: