Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ALL GUSSIED UP

Here's this year's winner of the World's Ugliest Dog, Gus, who's missing one eye and one leg. Well, I don't see how he's ugly-- he just looks like a shaved britbrit that's winking at me. I think he's cute. You think he's ugly? I'll show you ugly. Follow me, I'll show you my britbrit.

His owner, Jeanenne Teed, brought Gus all the way from St. Petersburg, Fla., to compete for the dubious distinction. After the excitement of the moment, Teed characterized her dog's reaction: "Well, I think right now he's ready for a nap."

Organisers said winners were often animals that had been abandoned or neglected before being adopted by people who love dogs. His owners plan to use their prize money to pay for Gus to have cancer treatment.

Sam, last year's winner, is gone now. Sorry Gus, but Sam will always be the winner in my eyes. I hate to choose one ugly over another, but it's a distinction that only I have the right to decide.

No comments: