Thursday, June 26, 2008

GIMME BAMA


Well, it happened. Last night I dreamt that Obama loved me. After months of feeling slighted, maligned, angry, dejected and embarrassed for Hillary, while rejecting the good looks of Obama, trying to resist the onslaught of charm and white shirts I knew was sweeping not only the U.S., but the world-- my psyche has finally given in. Take me Obama... Gimme Shelter, my Othello, in your long, slender, yet somehow working-class arms.

"Bob Dylan. Yo-Yo Ma. Sheryl Crow. Jay-Z. These aren't musical acts in a summer concert series: They're artists featured on Barack Obama's iPod. "I have pretty eclectic tastes," the Democratic presidential contender said in an interview to be published in Friday's issue of Rolling Stone.

That's from Huffingtonpost.com. How is that eclectic? If anything, it's very white, isn't it? I guess Jay-Z counts as black, but I'm not really sure. Obama goes on to say Gimme Shelter is his favourite Rolling Stones song [that's my fave too!!!], and says about Bruce Springsteen:

"Not only do I love Bruce's music, but I just love him as a person... He is a guy who has never lost track of his roots, who knows who he is, who has never put on a front."

Wow, he keeps hammering that point home, doesn't he? The authentic politician, never putting up a front. I think thou doth protest too much, my sexy Moor. But I forgive you-- just please no Sheryl Crow on the turntable while we're making love.

(AP Photo/Rolling Stone)

No comments: